Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Don't Quit" - inspiration needed to make it through tough times!

When things go wrong as they sometimes will;
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill;
When the funds are low, and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but have to sigh;
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but do not quit.

Success is failure turned inside out;
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt;
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things go wrong that you must not quit
.

"Don't Quit," Author Unknown

This really hit home for me today. In general, my life, especially in the last year has been very tough. It seems I have been faced with many challenges and heartache. Recently, it feels like my world has come crashing down. Monday was the breaking point for me. It started with an unexpected trip to the vet for Jackie Chan and ended with a flooded kitchen! I need to step back and take a look at what I have and where I am going. I found this quote on the Internet and it will be something that I will keep in the back of my mind to help push me through these tough times. I think it is human nature to give up when it seems like everything is going wrong. When I wake up in the morning I thank God for my husband, Jackie Chan, Miss Kitty, my family,friends, and strangers. If you ever are in this position just remember the quote above!

I am taking Mark to Durham tomorrow so he can get settled and prep for his epidural steroid injection he is getting in his neck on Friday AM. I hope this will help him in his recovery and keep him far far away from neck surgery. It just makes me nervous to think about a big needle being inserted in his neck. I am a chicken when it comes to a needle or anything medical!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week/weekend!

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for your hubby! And for YOU...what a terrible week!

    FORTUNATELY the numbing shot they give before the epidural helps out SO much...at least as I can remember with Layla (and it was in my lower back, not my neck).

    ReplyDelete