Dear Ann Landers: I hope you will print something a friend in Australia sent me. I think it's perfect to run on Thanksgiving - Bee in Fairfax, VA.
Things to Be Thankful For
- Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.
- Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have been surrounded by friends.
- Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you are employed.
- Be thankful that you lawn needs moving and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.
- Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.
- Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.
- Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.
- Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.
- Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
- Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning, because it means you're ALIVE.
I really enjoyed reading through this list because it makes you reflect on gratitude. All too often we are quick to complain about things that others lack. These can be simple things such as sight, hearing, fully functioning body, and a roof over our head. In the last year, I have realized these things more than ever. My life wouldn't be the same without the people who have shaped and molded my character. It is very important to be humble, and remember the people that helped you get to where you are today and where you will be in the future. I am also thankful for the struggles in my life because I know these have helped me grow as a person. Please take a moment and figure out what you are thankful for. We should do this daily and not just once a year. I hope everyone has a blessed holiday.
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls - Aesop