Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I was surfing the Internet this morning and found an interesting tool on www.self.com. On this website you will find many helpful tools to stay healthy in 2010. As I mentioned in my previous post, a huge goal of mine is to loose weight. You can set up an account online for free that will track you daily meals, exercise, goals, & water intake. This morning I put in my weight, measurements, and my goal weight. Every week you can update you weight and measurements and it will track your progress. I am going to give it whirl! I think this will be nice to have to look back on the progress I have made. My goal is to be able to say at this time next year I made it! I will keep you posted on progress. Wish me luck!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Well it is that time again....... time for the infamous New Year's Resolution List! I swear every year I make a ton of resolutions that over time get put on the back burner. I hope 2010 brings wonderful things in my life as well as yours! I must say, 2009, was a hard year. There were many blessings but lots of challenges. Some I wouldn't like to experience again but I believe these challenges make you stronger.
With 2010 I plan the following:
With 2010 I plan the following:
- Finish (done by February) my CPA exam and get back into the working world (in accounting)
- Continue to grow spiritually
- Loose weight - get back to a healthy weight and continue to reduce my cholesterol/blood pressure. This has been a resolution for the last 4-5 years. I have already started to work on this resolution. Started in August 2009 when I went to my doctor and had a wake up call! Since then I have lowered my cholesterol and lost 8 POUNDS just cutting out cheese, fried food, & eating less. Next step - add in more exercise.
- Continue to grow with my husband to keep a healthy happy marriage.
- Spend time with family and friends
- Go see more live music - a little selfish but it is fun!
- Live simpler
- Read more books - I have a new found love for reading. My mom would be so proud. If you think about it we are extremely blessed to be able to read.
- Organize my house
I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year! I will keep you posted on my list as I mark them off!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
I am trying to study of course. I am having a hard time today forcing myself to do it! But I know if I just get this test done I will be a happy lady and will not have to worry about it ever again! I just feel like my motivation has gone out the door today. Any suggestions?
Monday, December 14, 2009
Every year I adopt a senior for Christmas. This year Mark gets to share in the joy of doing this! You can find these "Santa's for Seniors Trees" at Harris Teeter. The gifts you buy go to the Senior Resources of Guilford (www.senior-resources-guilford.org). The agency is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization eligible to receive tax deductible donations. Although I do not have a lot to give I think every little bit helps and it makes you feel good! I miss my grandparents so this is a way to give back to someone who is in need of a little assistance.
This year, while shopping at Harris Teeter, I picked out the senior I decided to adopt for Christmas 2009. All of the Christmas wishes were heart breaking. A lot of these people were asking for everyday items such as canned food, light bulbs, clothing, and toiletry items. The person we adopted wanted CVS gift cards, large print books, light bulbs, and canned vegetables. We recently completed our shopping and fulfilled everything he requested. He is getting a CVS gift card, Barnes and Noble gift card, light bulbs, and LOADS of canned vegetables. I hope he has a very Merry Christmas.
I encourage anyone to do the same or make a donation directly to the Senior Resources of Guilford in order to make sure all of the Christmas wishes are granted!