Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Monday, December 28, 2009
With 2010 I plan the following:
- Finish (done by February) my CPA exam and get back into the working world (in accounting)
- Continue to grow spiritually
- Loose weight - get back to a healthy weight and continue to reduce my cholesterol/blood pressure. This has been a resolution for the last 4-5 years. I have already started to work on this resolution. Started in August 2009 when I went to my doctor and had a wake up call! Since then I have lowered my cholesterol and lost 8 POUNDS just cutting out cheese, fried food, & eating less. Next step - add in more exercise.
- Continue to grow with my husband to keep a healthy happy marriage.
- Spend time with family and friends
- Go see more live music - a little selfish but it is fun!
- Live simpler
- Read more books - I have a new found love for reading. My mom would be so proud. If you think about it we are extremely blessed to be able to read.
- Organize my house
I wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year! I will keep you posted on my list as I mark them off!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Dear Ann Landers: I hope you will print something a friend in Australia sent me. I think it's perfect to run on Thanksgiving - Bee in Fairfax, VA.
Things to Be Thankful For
- Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.
- Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have been surrounded by friends.
- Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you are employed.
- Be thankful that you lawn needs moving and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.
- Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.
- Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.
- Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.
- Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.
- Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
- Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning, because it means you're ALIVE.
I really enjoyed reading through this list because it makes you reflect on gratitude. All too often we are quick to complain about things that others lack. These can be simple things such as sight, hearing, fully functioning body, and a roof over our head. In the last year, I have realized these things more than ever. My life wouldn't be the same without the people who have shaped and molded my character. It is very important to be humble, and remember the people that helped you get to where you are today and where you will be in the future. I am also thankful for the struggles in my life because I know these have helped me grow as a person. Please take a moment and figure out what you are thankful for. We should do this daily and not just once a year. I hope everyone has a blessed holiday.
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls - Aesop