Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa for Seniors..............

Every year I adopt a senior for Christmas. This year Mark gets to share in the joy of doing this! You can find these "Santa's for Seniors Trees" at Harris Teeter. The gifts you buy go to the Senior Resources of Guilford (www.senior-resources-guilford.org). The agency is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization eligible to receive tax deductible donations. Although I do not have a lot to give I think every little bit helps and it makes you feel good! I miss my grandparents so this is a way to give back to someone who is in need of a little assistance.


This year, while shopping at Harris Teeter, I picked out the senior I decided to adopt for Christmas 2009. All of the Christmas wishes were heart breaking. A lot of these people were asking for everyday items such as canned food, light bulbs, clothing, and toiletry items. The person we adopted wanted CVS gift cards, large print books, light bulbs, and canned vegetables. We recently completed our shopping and fulfilled everything he requested. He is getting a CVS gift card, Barnes and Noble gift card, light bulbs, and LOADS of canned vegetables. I hope he has a very Merry Christmas.


I encourage anyone to do the same or make a donation directly to the Senior Resources of Guilford in order to make sure all of the Christmas wishes are granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment