Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tofu

Who knew I would fall in love with tofu! I was always a little scared of it but I knew that it was in some foods I love. The turning point was at Mellow Mushroom on Friday evening. We usually get two small pizzas to split and this leaves just enough for leftovers! Mark picked out the pizza. I think the first one was a mighty meaty. He knows I love veggies so he chose the mega veggie. Veg out on a pizza covered with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, broccoli, feta, banana peppers, artichoke hearts, and TOFU!!!!!!! It was delectable! The light bulb went off while I was enjoying this semi-new ingredient. On Sunday, while doing my weekly shopping, I decided to purchase a block of tofu. Last night we made our weekly veggie stir fry and added tofu to the mix! It was really good. I encourage all to try it. It seems to be a very versatile food because it takes on the flavor of what you are cooking. One last perk of tofu is that it is very healthy - low sodium, low calorie, low fat, and high in protein!

1 comment:

  1. I love that place. Hard to beat the Cesar Salad pizza though.

    ReplyDelete