Monday, March 15, 2010

2nd attempt at running

On Saturday my husband, Mark, decided he was going to go for a run. So instead of being lazy I decided I was going to take a stab at it. Just a little scary if you ask me because this is officially the second time I have run in my life and the second time with Mark. Any good runner stretches. Right? We stretched our muscles in the driveway. Probably pretty funny if you were one of our neighbors. We started out walking and picked up the pace once we headed down the road. Suddenly I felt like I was being tortured. I thought to myself how could anyone possible get pleasure out of this! I didn't want to over do it so I switched between a fast paced walk and run. Of course, Mark left me in the dust! That is okay because I am still in my training wheel phase! I ended up running/walking 1.5 miles. It is a start but I am definitely not the track star my Wii Fit tells me during a workout! I was a little tired after this because before the run we had done a bunch of spring cleaning/organizing! Yesterday I woke up and every muscle (and I mean EVERY) in my body so sore! Yep definitely worked muscles I never knew existed in my body. I woke up this morning milking the sore muscles and Mark just told me to get my rear back out there and RUN! I will attempt it again this week! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. YAY...good for you! Pretty soon those little walk breaks will get shorter and your time running will get longer and you'll be a pro :-)

    Stick with it...you're going to surprise the socks off of Mark (and maybe even out run him if he's not careful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up! Running a couple of days a week will build your stamina then you can increase to every other day. Before you no it you will be running 5-6 times a week!

    ReplyDelete